|Tigers face Panthers for 1st time ever this weekend|
|Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:26 AM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers face new ACC member Pittsburgh for the first time this weekend.
• Who - Clemson (22-14, 10-7 ACC) vs. Pittsburgh (16-20, 8-10 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 22 BA, No. 20 USA; PIT - NR
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (3 p.m.), Sunday (noon)
• Where - Pittsburgh, Pa. (Petersen Sports Complex)
• Watch - ESPN3
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - 0-0
• Friday - LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Joseph Harvey (PIT)
• Saturday - RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Matt Wotherspoon (PIT)
• Sunday - RHP Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP T.J. Zeuch (PIT)
• The Tigers are coming off a 9-6 win at home over Coastal Carolina on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.3 runs per game and hitting .288 with a .360 on-base percentage and 59 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.89 ERA, .238 opponents’ batting average and 2.01 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .958.
• Pittsburgh is led by 17th-year Head Coach Joe Jordano.
• The Panthers fell to Kent State on the road 4-1 Wednesday. They are hitting .248 and have a 4.10 ERA and .954 fielding percentage.
• Eric Hess is hitting .287 with one homer and 11 RBIs, while Casey Roche is batting .279 with three homers, 23 RBIs and five steals.
• Clemson has allowed two earned runs or less in nine of the last 12 games.
• In the last 13 games, Clemson’s pitching staff has a 2.50 ERA and .199 opponents’ batting average.
• Freshman catcher Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile, who leads the team in RBIs (33), also leads the team in multiple RBI games (10).
SIX REGULAR STARTERS
• Six Tigers (Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile, Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile, Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile, Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile, Chris Okey, Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile) have started all 36 games in 2014.
• Since 1989, when Clemson first tracked starts by position players, no Tiger team has had more than three players start every game of a year.
• Duggar (RF), Krieger (SS) and Slaton (CF) have started all 36 games of the 2014 season at the same position.
• Duggar (RF) and Krieger (SS), both sophomores, have started all 98 games the last two seasons at the same position.
- Spurrier admits that he pulls for Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Cowherd says Watson should refuse to play for Browns
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- Clemson Depth Chart released for Auburn