|Tigers make a decision on Tony Steward's red-shirt|
|Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:51 PM-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said after practice on Thursday that linebacker Tony Stewart will not red-shirt. Swinney expects Steward to play 25 plays a game as a starter on special teams.
Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"