|Tigers make a decision on Tony Steward's red-shirt|
|Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:51 PM-||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said after practice on Thursday that linebacker Tony Stewart will not red-shirt. Swinney expects Steward to play 25 plays a game as a starter on special teams.
Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts