|Tigers make a decision on Tony Steward's red-shirt|
|by TigerNet Staff - Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:51 PM||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said after practice on Thursday that linebacker Tony Stewart will not red-shirt. Swinney expects Steward to play 25 plays a game as a starter on special teams.
Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels