|Tigers close regular season with series vs BC|
|Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:43 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers wrap up the regular season with a home series against Boston College this weekend at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Boston College (21-31, 9-18 ACC) vs. Clemson (32-21, 13-13 ACC)
• Rankings - BOC - NR; CU - NR
• When - Thursday (6:30 p.m.), Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (noon)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3
• ESPN3 Announcers - Marty Clary, Roy Philpott
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Youth Leaguers & Campers - Any youth under the age of 12 wearing a youth league jersey or camp shirt receives free admission.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 18-6 (2006-13)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 8-4 (2007-12)
• Thursday - RHP John Gorman (BOC) vs. LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU)
• Friday - LHP Andrew Chin (BOC) vs. RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (CU)
• Saturday - RHP Jeff Burke (BOC) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson scored late to defeat Furman 7-2 at Fluor Field in Greenville on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.8 runs per game and hitting .279 with a .356 on-base percentage and 85 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.72 ERA, .235 opponents’ batting average and 1.99 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .964.
BOSTON COLLEGE OVERVIEW
• Boston College is led by fourth-year Head Coach Mike Gambino.
• The Eagles fell to Maine 12-3 Tuesday. They are hitting .244 and have a 4.27 ERA and .967 fielding percentage.
• Chris Shaw is hitting .332 with 18 doubles, five homers, 40 RBIs and a .503 slugging percentage in 52 games.
• Clemson has won 15 games in a row when it scores at least five runs and 18 games in a row when it scores at least six runs.
• Clemson is 27-5 when outhitting the opponent and 3-14 when getting outhit.
• Clemson has won 10 games in a row against Boston College since the Eagles’ 11-5 victory at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on April 3, 2010.
WILHELM RING OF HONOR CELEBRATION THURSDAY
• The late Head Coach Bill Wilhelm (1958-93) will be honored prior to the Boston College game at Clemson on Thursday (game time 6:30 p.m.).
• From 4-6 p.m., there will be a drop-in (open to the public) to meet and greet the Wilhelm family in the McFadden Building team room.
• There will be a pregame ceremony at 6:15 p.m., as his former players will be part of the ceremony recognizing his Ring of Honor induction.
PRESIDENT TO PRESENT DIPLOMAS FRIDAY
• Clemson University President Jim Clements will be on hand prior to Friday’s game to present diplomas to the six Tigers who graduated May 9.
• The six Tigers were unable to attend commencement ceremonies due to Clemson’s series at Notre Dame.
• Clay BatesClay Bates
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#42 5-11, 180
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile, Matt CampbellMatt Campbell
Sr. RH Pitcher
#36 5-11, 195
View Full Profile, Joe CostiganJoe Costigan
#5 5-11, 190
View Full Profile, Mike DunsterMike Dunster
#10 5-10, 185
View Full Profile, Jon McGibbonJon McGibbon
Sr. 1st Base
#12 6-1, 220
View Full Profile and Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile will all receive diplomas from President Clements.
• President Clements will also present diplomas to other sports’ student-athletes who were unable to attend commencement ceremonies.
60-YEAR REUNION FOR 1954 TEAM FRIDAY
• The 1954 Tigers will celebrate their 60-year anniversary Friday. It was Clemson’s first ACC team and it won the league with an 8-4 record.
• Doug Kingsmore, who earned First-Team All-ACC honors, will be on hand along with other members of the 1954 team.
SENIOR DAY SATURDAY
• At 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Clemson’s seniors will be honored prior to the last regular-season game.
• Clemson’s seniors have helped the Tigers reach the NCAA Tournament each of the three previous seasons.
- Swinney updates the injury status of Gallman, Renfrow
- Game time announced for Clemson-FSU
- Wayne Gallman injury update
- Clemson drops in latest AP Poll
- WATCH: The Tigers does viral dance "JuJu on Dat Beat"
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- Swinney updates injury status of Gallman and others
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- WATCH: Clemson's locker room celebration after OT win