|Tajh Boyd throws a football at 54 MPH|
|Assoc. Editor - Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:44 AM-||
Ourlad.com has broken down and collected QB Velocity rankings for the NFL combine from 2008-2014. The Velocity is measured by a radar gun in miles per hour.
The rankings have Clemson's Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
Quarterback (2009 - 2013)
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile arm strength velocity measured at an estimated 54 MPH. Interestingly in 2008, it shows that former Clemson QB Cullen Harper measured in at 53 MPH arm strength velocity.
To give some comparison on current NFL quarterbacks: Colin Kaepernick measured in at 59 MPH, Mark Sanchez measured in at 57 MPH, Russell Wilson measured in at 55 MPH, and E.J. Manuel measured in at 54 MPH.
The top QB velocity at the 2014 NFL combine was Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas at 60 MPH. That was the highest velocity since they have been kept track of arm strength.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots