|Tajh Boyd injury update, and what it meant for red zone offense|
|by David Hood - Senior Writer - Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:31 PM||
Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Sr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile after the game, and he said he injured the same knee that he tore the ACL in during his senior season of high school. Boyd said his ankle - which was already hurting - was starting to hurt and when he went to make a cut the ankle turned and caused his knee to twist. He told me that he wasn't really close to coming out of the game, however.
"I have played with a lot worse injuries than that," Boyd told me. "I played with a torn ACL, so I wasn't coming out in that spot."
Offensive coordinator Chad Morris told me that part of the problem with the red zone offense early on was that he was determined to not let Boyd run the football and get him injured. However, head coach Dabo Swinney went up to Boyd at halftime and told him to "get lathered up" because they were going to run the football with him.
Boyd wasn't limping noticeably after the game, and he said he should be fine for next week. He was in a walking boot for most of the early part of last week.
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Watson ranked #4 Quarterback in CFB
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab