|Swinney's high praise of Brandon Thomas|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, August 18, 2014 2:21 PM-||
Former Clemson offensive lineman Brandon ThomasBrandon Thomas
Offensive Line (2009 - 2013)
#63 6-3, 305
View Full Profile is currently rehabbing from a torn ACL in his right knee from a pre-draft workout with the New Orlean Saints.
Thomas will be battling for a future spot on the offensive line with the San Franscisco 49ers once he recovers from the injury.
His former head coach Dabo Swinney spoke to 49ers.com and had many positive things to say about Thomas.
Swinney said: “His versatility is why he’s going to be a great pro. I think he can legitimately play left tackle or right tackle,” Swinney said. “He’s got great length, athleticism, technique and power. A lot of times these (NFL) teams only dress seven or eight offensive line, and now you have a guy that can mentally function and play left guard and right guard – I think that puts him at a high premium in the NFL.
“Brandon will do everything he’s got to do to as quick as he can and be better than ever. There’s going to be big dividends for ‘BT.’ He’s a guy that can play in the league a long time. Just because of who he is as a person. He has a lot of the skills for the position, but there are a lot of people that have the skills for the position. He’s got the intangibles. He’s got the work ethic, the knowledge and the desire to compete.”
Pic: Brandon Thomas on Senior Day 2013 against the Citadel.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Boulware fires back at NFL analyst on Twitter
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: I always told my Mama I'd make it to Yale
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 Way-Too-Early Top 25
- 8 Tigers invited to the NFL combine
- WATCH: Clemson football players go to a kid's birthday party
- Three Tigers listed in NFL Mock Draft
- Jeopardy question involved Clemson