|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - 2016-01-10 10:27:12.0-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State
- Rex Ryan jokes about benching his VT players cause of ACC title game
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!