|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:27 AM-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Auburn
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Swinney goes undercover as Fred from Albuquerque
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- ESPN announces changes to commentator lineup for 2016
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus