|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:27 AM-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Gametime announced for Clemson-Louisville
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Petitions started for College Gameday to pick WMU-CMU over Clemson-UL
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Clemson on ESPN's upset alert vs. Georgia Tech
- Charges against Tajh Boyd to be dismissed
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll