|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - 2016-01-10 10:27:12.0-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- ESPN lists Wilkins as a 2017 Heisman candidate
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids
- Virginia Tech announces 'Maroon Effect' for 2017 Clemson-VT
- Clemson starter to miss significant time with injury