|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:27 AM-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Clemson donor gives $2.5 million to athletics
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Photo: Clemson's new Nike Mach Speed Uniforms
- Vegas Odds on Clemson winning the CFB Title
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of Phil Steele's Preseason Poll