|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - 2016-01-10 10:27:12.0-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney calls Colin Cowherd a fraud
- Photo: Hilarious Church sign after National Championship win
- WATCH: Swinney "Only God could do this"
- Photo: Hunter Renfrow on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- Coca-Cola to release commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans
- WATCH: Alabama fan goes berzerk after final play
- Colin Cowherd responds to Swinney calling him a fraud
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer