|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:27 AM-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Clemson-FSU ranked best game in college football
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Richt on past recruitment of Deshaun Watson
- Finebaum would want his son to play for Dabo Swinney
- WATCH: Swinney pays off bet to Saban
- Two Tigers named as Heisman Candidates in the ACC
- Martavis Bryant to coach high school football
- WATCH: Wilkins catches a pass while riding a bicycle