|Swinney updates playing status of Shaq Lawson|
|Assoc. Editor - 2016-01-10 10:27:12.0-||
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Sunday morning and discussed various topics including the health of star defensive end Shaq Lawson.
"We expect him to play," Swinney said. "If not, I don't think coach Saban is going to cancel the game so we'll put the next guy in there. He looked good yesterday (in practice)."
The standout defensive end Shaq Lawson was injured on the second play of the game in Clemson's 37-17 win over Oklahoma in the 2015 Orange Bowl on Saturday.
Lawson spent most of the first half with an ice pack on his knee and cheering on his teammates from the bench. He was checked out by the medical staff at halftime and didn't return to the game.
An early sack in the bowl game gave Lawson 10.5 sacks for the season, tied for the sixth-best single-season total in Clemson history.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season