|Swinney says he was originally just going to suspend Chad Kelly|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:32 AM||
Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS So. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile, but the meeting with Kelly went badly, and he was forced to dismiss the quarterback.
"The meeting just didn't go well and his response," Swinney said. "There are just certain things you can't tolerate. That's just the bottom line. It wasn't a good meeting but there was no police or any of the stuff that was put out there. It was just a simple decision that was made. He moved on and we moved on. To his credit he has apologized and taken ownership. That's what you like to see in young people. It's unfortunate it had to get to that but sometimes that is what happens."
Swinney said that he hopes Kelly will grow from this experience, but he also hurts for his family and also feels like he failed Kelly.
"I feel like I failed," Swinney said. "That's just the bottom line. Anytime I have to dismiss a player I feel like I am a failure. Nobody is winning in this situation. But again a tough decision had to be made."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams