|Swinney calls Watkins "One in a Million" on Buffalo radio after draft|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 9, 2014 1:44 PM||
Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was a guest on Buffalo radio after the draft on Thursday night to discuss Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile.
"He is one in a million, to be honest with you, at his position," Swinney said in the interview. "I never really had another guy like him with the combination of size, speed and explosiveness. Just freaky ball skills and then just a great human being."
"You guys drafted C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile a few years ago and I was telling people just a little bit ago, probably two of the most explosive players in the history of Clemson, both having a chance to play together. That's going to be a pretty lethal combination. C.J. I talked to him tonight, and he is fired up. He's excited. But they are both similar kind of people, as far as being kind of blue collar, humble and very simple kind of guys. He is going to be a great fit there in the community there in Buffalo."
"I think it is a great move by Buffalo [drafting Watkins]. I know they have to give up something to get him, but this young man is going to pay big, big dividends without a doubt."
Listen to full interview below:
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story