|Swinney calls Watkins "One in a Million" on Buffalo radio after draft|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 9, 2014 1:44 PM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile.
"He is one in a million, to be honest with you, at his position," Swinney said in the interview. "I never really had another guy like him with the combination of size, speed and explosiveness. Just freaky ball skills and then just a great human being."
"You guys drafted C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile a few years ago and I was telling people just a little bit ago, probably two of the most explosive players in the history of Clemson, both having a chance to play together. That's going to be a pretty lethal combination. C.J. I talked to him tonight, and he is fired up. He's excited. But they are both similar kind of people, as far as being kind of blue collar, humble and very simple kind of guys. He is going to be a great fit there in the community there in Buffalo."
"I think it is a great move by Buffalo [drafting Watkins]. I know they have to give up something to get him, but this young man is going to pay big, big dividends without a doubt."
Listen to full interview below:
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- New reward offered in Tucker Hipps case
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets
- Clemson TE will likely miss spring game