|Swinney: "I can't say enough good things about Nick Schuessler"|
|Assoc. Editor - 2015-03-11 18:31:30.0-||
Dabo Swinney said after Wednesday's practice that quarterback Nick SchuesslerNick Schuessler
RS Jr. Quarterback
#12 6-3, 195
View Full Profile has been very impressive after six spring practices.
"I can't say enough good things about Nick Schuessler. This is one of those practices you wish everyone got to see. It was pretty impressive," Swinney said. "He has had six outstanding days of football practice. It's great to see the light come on for guys. He has done an outstanding job of leading. He's made some big time throws. He is just playing with a sense of urgency that I have not seen from Nick Schuessler since he has been here. He is playing with a confidence that I have not seen since he has been here. As a result of that he is playing faster, more decisive, and accurate. I'm really, really encouraged with Nick. This has been great to see him just blossom like he is doing right now and taking it and running with it."
Swinney also said going into spring break he likes what he has seen in the two freshman quarterbacks - Kelly BryantKelly Bryant
#2 6-4, 205
Calhoun Falls, SC
View Full Profile and Tucker IsraelTucker Israel
#10 5-11, 190
View Full Profile.
"Those two young guys just keep getting better everyday," Swinney said. "Both of them are doing good things. They are absorbing it well. This break will be good for them because both of them are the kind of guys that will go back [study] and be further along when they get back because it is important to them. I'm pleased with both of them."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season