|Steelers staff on Martavis Bryant|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:34 AM||
Former Clemson standout wide receiver Martavis BryantMartavis Bryant
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#1 6-5, 200
Calhoun Falls, SC
View Full Profile has been improving since the start of Steeler camp and had a good showing over the past weekend. Nagging injuries have hampered his progress since the start of camp.
Bryant is in competition for one of the last wide receiver spots along with Justin Brown, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Derek Moye.
Pittsburgh Steeler's head coach Mike Tomlin had the following comments on the rookie wide receiver play: "Obviously he made a few plays today, but he's a big guy, so we expect him to consistently make big guy plays," said Tomlin. "I'm interested in him developing a complete game."
Steelers' general manager Kevin Colbert also had the following to say about Bryant: "He's been working and growing," Colbert said. "You see the athleticism and the speed, and potential. Now he's got to continue to grow. He's a very young player with really only one year of significant playing experience at Clemson."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI