|Steelers staff on Martavis Bryant|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-03 09:34:06.0-||
Former Clemson standout wide receiver Martavis BryantMartavis Bryant
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#1 6-5, 200
Calhoun Falls, SC
View Full Profile has been improving since the start of Steeler camp and had a good showing over the past weekend. Nagging injuries have hampered his progress since the start of camp.
Bryant is in competition for one of the last wide receiver spots along with Justin Brown, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Derek Moye.
Pittsburgh Steeler's head coach Mike Tomlin had the following comments on the rookie wide receiver play: "Obviously he made a few plays today, but he's a big guy, so we expect him to consistently make big guy plays," said Tomlin. "I'm interested in him developing a complete game."
Steelers' general manager Kevin Colbert also had the following to say about Bryant: "He's been working and growing," Colbert said. "You see the athleticism and the speed, and potential. Now he's got to continue to grow. He's a very young player with really only one year of significant playing experience at Clemson."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars