|Stanton Seckinger changes position|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:19 PM||
Clemson redshirt freshman Stanton SeckingerStanton Seckinger
RS Fr. Wide Receiver
#81 6-5, 200
Isle of Palms, SC
View Full Profile was moved from slot receiver to tight end during mat drills. Clemson has had success with a similar move with Brandon FordBrandon Ford
RS Jr. Tight End
#80 6-4, 235
View Full Profile who is the current starter at TE. Seckinger said he could move back to receiver if he is needed due to injuries.
"He is cross training in both at WR and TE," said Clemson OC Chad Morris. "He gives us versatility and he is a tough kid. Very athletic. Maybe not quite fast enough to be on an island as a wide receiver but fast enough to help us on the inside. He is excited about it because he can fit in. He is in the top two or three there [TE] and he has made some catches."
"Brandon may give us 60 plays a game, but we need someone that can help us stretch the field horizontally and vertically and Stanton is that guy. He is a tough kid. He is not big enough but he doesn't mind throwing his weight around. He is at 205."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Off the bubble: Tigers earn NCAA bid
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Clemson ranked #1 ACC Offensive Trio
- Updated RPI for Clemson Baseball