|Spurrier jabs at Clemson, Watkins|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:50 PM||
Steve Spurrier addressed his home crowd during the Capital One Bowl trophy presentation at halftime of the Ole Miss-South Carolina game. He had the following remarks about Clemson during the ceremony and wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile.
Spurrier, on what really matters: "It's not a 3-year streak, not a 4-year. It's a five-year." He's talking about Clemson.— Ryan Wood (@rwood_SC) January 18, 2014
Spurrier: "We've been fortunate to beat that big orange team from the upstate about 5 straight years ... pretty convincingly."— Ryan Wood (@rwood_SC) January 18, 2014
Spurrier on Bruce Ellington, mentions 3 TDs against Clemson: "I think that's three more than their first-round pick." Some guy named Sammy.— Ryan Wood (@rwood_SC) January 18, 2014
Afterwards Spurrier was asked about the back and forth with Clemson. “Obviously, our fans love beating Clemson,” Spurrier said. “The old-time Gamecocks fans have suffered for years and years and years, as we all now. So they’re enjoying it, and they should enjoy it because they’ve sort of been on the short stick most of the time.
“And again I’m talking to our people. That talk is just all talk, as everybody knows. It’s for our people. It’s not for the other school’s people, and when Dabo talks it’s for his people. It doesn’t bother me, I can assure you, anything he says. That’s what we do in the offseason. We have to talk a little bit. So, I’m talking to the Gamecocks. The other people shouldn’t listen to me really, but they may I don’t know.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Former Clemson SG hired by 49ers staff
- Report: Clemson adds Akron to future schedule
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley