|Spring grades show continued classroom success for student athletes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Friday, June 13, 2014 2:07 PM||
Clemson, S.C. – Six of Clemson’s athletic teams and more than 53 percent of all student athletes posted a Spring Semester grade point average of 3.0 or better, according to data provided by the University Office of Institutional Research (OIR). All totaled, student athletes earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.90.
The women’s tennis program, which shared the ACC regular season title and advanced to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen this spring, paced all sports with a 3.54 overall GPA, leading men’s tennis, diving, women’s soccer, women’s golf and rowing as teams eclipsing the 3.0 mark.
Of 426 student athletes included in the total, 226 posted a 3.0 or higher, with 42 recording a perfect 4.0.
“This report is a reflection of the hard work our student athletes continue to do in the classroom as they represent Clemson,” director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. “Our Vickery Hall staff, along with each of our coaches, does a great job of stressing the importance of achievement both on and off the courts and fields of play.”
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Tigers Sweep No. 8 FSU in Tallahassee
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released