|Spiller, Watkins to compete for KR duty|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:42 AM||
C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile might finally get more opportunity to showoff his lethal return skills as he is practicing with the Bills' kick return unit.
The other choices are Marquise Goodwin, T.J. Graham, Leodis McKelvin and Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile.
The Bills were very mediocre in special teams last year averaging 27th in drive start(20.7 yard line) and 29th in kick return average.
He was a dynamic return man in his college days at Clemson and saw some return work early in his career with the Bills. Now that opportunity may resurface. Spiller was returning kicks in practice in the spring, and at least for now it appears he’s part of the competition.
He hasn’t returned a kick or punt for the Bills since 2011, but perhaps with more depth at running back Buffalo is more willing to put Spiller out there in the hopes that his game breaking ability can provide a shot in the arm to the kick return unit.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- Swinney still waiting on MRI for Watson's knee
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Swinney expects Watson to play again this season
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term
- Swinney on quarterback controversy