|Shatley named Strength All-American|
Clemson, SC—Clemson lineman Tyler ShatleyTyler Shatley
RS So. Offensive Line
#43 6-3, 295
View Full Profile has been named a National Strength & Conditioning All-American by the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Shatley was a reserve defensive tackle last year, but has moved to offensive guard this Spring and is listed as a starter for the 2012 season.
He played in 13 games, two as a starter in 2011, helping the Tigers to the ACC Championship and four wins over top 25 teams. He had 29 tackles and played 300 defensive snaps. For his career he has played 25 games.
Shatley, a native of Icard, NC, was the strongest player on the Clemson team last year in terms of total weight lifted in all areas combined. He tied for first in the bench press with a 450-pound figure. He was also second in the power clean at 300 pounds.
Tyler has proven to be one of Clemson’s most dedicated athletes,” said Clemson Strength & Conditioning Coach Joey Batson. “His hard work, discipline and determination have earned him regular playing time. Tyler has set the bar for other athletes to reach and he has displayed a passion for strength training that is spreading among his teammates.”
Shatley has already earned the team’s Most Dedicated and Freshman Power Hour Lifter of the Year awards.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer
- WATCH: Clemson's epic tribute video for Dabo Swinney
- First Look: Coca-Cola commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- Church sign quotes Dabo Swinney
- WATCH: Boulware's emotional speech at Clemson's Championship celebration
- Bryant: "I know I'm on my last chance"
- WATCH: Epic Clemson song "It's Natty time"