|Scrimmage Notes: Watson, Cooper injured|
|Monday, April 7, 2014 6:22 PM-||
- True freshman quarterback Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile was injured in the scrimmage on Monday. It appeared to be his wrist but the extent of the injury is not known at this time.
UPDATE: Chad Morris said he thinks it is just stinger and he will be fine. Morris said since they are allowing the quarterbacks to get hit, all the quarterbacks need to learn to get down in the open field.
UPDATE 2: Clemson released a statement saying Watson suffered a slight crack in a collarbone near the end of the scrimmage and will miss the spring game.
- TE Sam CooperSam Cooper
RS Sr. Tight End
#86 6-5, 250
View Full Profile injured his shoulder. The injury appearsto be the same injury former kicker Spencer Benton had which was a broken shoulder blade that caused him to miss six to eight weeks during the season a few years ago. He will be out the rest of spring.
- Dabo Swinney said that he was impressed by RB Wayne Gallman and DB Cordrea Tankersley in the scrimmage.
- Swinney feels like linebacker Stephone Anthony had a great year last year but is going to take his game to another level this year.
- Swinney said that "we don't have a better football player than Robert Smith."
- Swinney said that safety Jadar Johnson has had a great spring and is currently ahead of Jayron Kearse.
- T.J. Green is playing behind Robert Smith at safety and Swinney calls him one of the best athletes on the team.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN College GameDay coming to Clemson-Louisville
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Will Muschamp takes a friendly jab at Clemson
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Clemson stays in Top 5 in latest AP Poll
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- Jalen Williams injury update
- Game time announced for Clemson vs. Boston College