|Scrimmage Notes: Watson, Cooper injured|
- True freshman quarterback Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile was injured in the scrimmage on Monday. It appeared to be his wrist but the extent of the injury is not known at this time.
UPDATE: Chad Morris said he thinks it is just stinger and he will be fine. Morris said since they are allowing the quarterbacks to get hit, all the quarterbacks need to learn to get down in the open field.
UPDATE 2: Clemson released a statement saying Watson suffered a slight crack in a collarbone near the end of the scrimmage and will miss the spring game.
- TE Sam CooperSam Cooper
RS Sr. Tight End
#86 6-5, 250
View Full Profile injured his shoulder. The injury appearsto be the same injury former kicker Spencer Benton had which was a broken shoulder blade that caused him to miss six to eight weeks during the season a few years ago. He will be out the rest of spring.
- Dabo Swinney said that he was impressed by RB Wayne Gallman and DB Cordrea Tankersley in the scrimmage.
- Swinney feels like linebacker Stephone Anthony had a great year last year but is going to take his game to another level this year.
- Swinney said that "we don't have a better football player than Robert Smith."
- Swinney said that safety Jadar Johnson has had a great spring and is currently ahead of Jayron Kearse.
- T.J. Green is playing behind Robert Smith at safety and Swinney calls him one of the best athletes on the team.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson adds new tombstones in football graveyard
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- 99-year old Clemson legend to walk in Bataan Memorial Death March
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Former Clemson WR trains 'Mama June' for reality show
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny