|Scrimmage Notes: Watson, Cooper injured|
|by TigerNet Staff - Monday, April 7, 2014 6:22 PM||
Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile was injured in the scrimmage on Monday. It appeared to be his wrist but the extent of the injury is not known at this time.
UPDATE: Chad Morris said he thinks it is just stinger and he will be fine. Morris said since they are allowing the quarterbacks to get hit, all the quarterbacks need to learn to get down in the open field.
UPDATE 2: Clemson released a statement saying Watson suffered a slight crack in a collarbone near the end of the scrimmage and will miss the spring game.
- TE Sam CooperSam Cooper
RS Sr. Tight End
#86 6-5, 250
View Full Profile injured his shoulder. The injury appearsto be the same injury former kicker Spencer Benton had which was a broken shoulder blade that caused him to miss six to eight weeks during the season a few years ago. He will be out the rest of spring.
- OL Eric Mac LainEric Mac Lain
RS Jr. Offensive Line
#78 6-3, 260
Hope Mills, NC
View Full Profile may require surgery to relieve his turf toe.
- Dabo Swinney said that he was impressed by RB Wayne Gallman and DB Cordrea Tankersley in the scrimmage.
- Swinney feels like linebacker Stephone Anthony had a great year last year but is going to take his game to another level this year.
- Swinney said that "we don't have a better football player than Robert Smith."
- Swinney said that safety Jadar Johnson has had a great spring and is currently ahead of Jayron Kearse.
- T.J. Green is playing behind Robert Smith at safety and Swinney calls him one of the best athletes on the team.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Player Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|
8/1 - Photos: 2014 Fall Camp #17/18 - Clemson football jersey numbers assigned7/15 - Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia7/9 - ESPN ranks Deshaun Watson #1 future college star6/12 - Will Watson win ACC Offensive Rookie of the Year?4/7 - Deshaun Watson injures collarbone; Out for Spring Game4/7 - Scrimmage Notes: Watson, Cooper injured