|Sammy Watkins listed as "NFL Draft slam dunk"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:35 PM||
NFL Network's Charles Davis released his top five players that he feels are slam dunks in the upcoming NFL draft.
The analyst and former NFL player feels strongly that Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile will be a great selection for NFL teams in the draft. There is no potential bust situation in his opinion.
I'm usually very leery about drafting a wide receiver in the top 10 -- in the past decade, only a handful of WRs drafted that early have proven worthy of such an early selection. I'm not worried about Watkins flaming out, though. He's just so talented and checks off every box you want to fill when evaluating an elite receiver. He has the requisite size, strength, speed and hands, and he competes. He really worked at his craft last season and improved overall as a technician. Plus, he's so dynamic and explosive. I wouldn't think about pumping the brakes on him.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: Sammy Watkins burns Stephon Gilmore for TD
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin
- Clemson freshman QB breaks foot in first practice