|Sammy Watkins listed as "NFL Draft slam dunk"|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-03-20 15:35:37.0-||
NFL Network's Charles Davis released his top five players that he feels are slam dunks in the upcoming NFL draft.
The analyst and former NFL player feels strongly that Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile will be a great selection for NFL teams in the draft. There is no potential bust situation in his opinion.
I'm usually very leery about drafting a wide receiver in the top 10 -- in the past decade, only a handful of WRs drafted that early have proven worthy of such an early selection. I'm not worried about Watkins flaming out, though. He's just so talented and checks off every box you want to fill when evaluating an elite receiver. He has the requisite size, strength, speed and hands, and he competes. He really worked at his craft last season and improved overall as a technician. Plus, he's so dynamic and explosive. I wouldn't think about pumping the brakes on him.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State