|Sammy Watkins listed as "NFL Draft slam dunk"|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:35 PM-||
NFL Network's Charles Davis released his top five players that he feels are slam dunks in the upcoming NFL draft.
The analyst and former NFL player feels strongly that Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile will be a great selection for NFL teams in the draft. There is no potential bust situation in his opinion.
I'm usually very leery about drafting a wide receiver in the top 10 -- in the past decade, only a handful of WRs drafted that early have proven worthy of such an early selection. I'm not worried about Watkins flaming out, though. He's just so talented and checks off every box you want to fill when evaluating an elite receiver. He has the requisite size, strength, speed and hands, and he competes. He really worked at his craft last season and improved overall as a technician. Plus, he's so dynamic and explosive. I wouldn't think about pumping the brakes on him.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft