|Sammy Watkins listed as "NFL Draft slam dunk"|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:35 PM||
NFL Network's Charles Davis released his top five players that he feels are slam dunks in the upcoming NFL draft.
The analyst and former NFL player feels strongly that Clemson wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile will be a great selection for NFL teams in the draft. There is no potential bust situation in his opinion.
I'm usually very leery about drafting a wide receiver in the top 10 -- in the past decade, only a handful of WRs drafted that early have proven worthy of such an early selection. I'm not worried about Watkins flaming out, though. He's just so talented and checks off every box you want to fill when evaluating an elite receiver. He has the requisite size, strength, speed and hands, and he competes. He really worked at his craft last season and improved overall as a technician. Plus, he's so dynamic and explosive. I wouldn't think about pumping the brakes on him.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach