|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:31 AM||
Update 2:20 PM - Sammy Watkins is back practicing in pads today at Bills' practice. However, he did not fully participate in all the contact drills.
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile did not practice on Monday with his bruised ribs injury. Watkins rode a stationary bike and did not participate in any football drills and did not speak to reporters after the practice.
Coach Marrone had this to say about Watkins' injury: "He's not practicing today, and I'll be ready to practice without him. He's not out there, and when he comes back, I don't know."
Watkins' agent said that his star client "will be fine" and said its "just a bruise". He also added, "Long term he will be fine."
The next preseason game for the Bills will be Saturday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Watkins' status remains up in the air.
ICYMI: Here is the play that Watkins got injured on against the Steelers.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story