|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 8:31 AM||
Update 2:20 PM - Sammy Watkins is back practicing in pads today at Bills' practice. However, he did not fully participate in all the contact drills.
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile did not practice on Monday with his bruised ribs injury. Watkins rode a stationary bike and did not participate in any football drills and did not speak to reporters after the practice.
Coach Marrone had this to say about Watkins' injury: "He's not practicing today, and I'll be ready to practice without him. He's not out there, and when he comes back, I don't know."
Watkins' agent said that his star client "will be fine" and said its "just a bruise". He also added, "Long term he will be fine."
The next preseason game for the Bills will be Saturday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Watkins' status remains up in the air.
ICYMI: Here is the play that Watkins got injured on against the Steelers.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Fans boo Booker hoping for free chicken sandwiches
- WATCH: Swinney video-bombs interview with Artavis Scott