|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:24 AM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile left Saturday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a rib injury. Watkins left the field in the first quarter after taking a knee to his ribcage by rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier following an incomplete pass.
Watkins started beside fellow wide receiver Mike Williams with the first-team offense.
After the game, the Bills' head coach Doug Marrone said that Watkins has a rib contusion but said there was no timetable given for his return. "They're going to run tests and everything and we'll see how he is."
E.J. Manuel said this about Watkins' injury: "I think Sammy will be fine. ... hopefully he'll come back and bounce back from whatever little injury he had."
In three preseason games, Watkins has three receptions for 21 yards.
Despite a brief scare, #Bills WR Sammy Watkins and his ribs are fine. Nothing serious, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 17, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Clemson HOFer hired by the Cardinals