|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:24 AM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile left Saturday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a rib injury. Watkins left the field in the first quarter after taking a knee to his ribcage by rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier following an incomplete pass.
Watkins started beside fellow wide receiver Mike Williams with the first-team offense.
After the game, the Bills' head coach Doug Marrone said that Watkins has a rib contusion but said there was no timetable given for his return. "They're going to run tests and everything and we'll see how he is."
E.J. Manuel said this about Watkins' injury: "I think Sammy will be fine. ... hopefully he'll come back and bounce back from whatever little injury he had."
In three preseason games, Watkins has three receptions for 21 yards.
Despite a brief scare, #Bills WR Sammy Watkins and his ribs are fine. Nothing serious, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 17, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE dismissed from football team
- Details of Ogundeko's arrest affidavit
- Former Clemson player laid to rest on Cemetery Hill
- Cole Stoudt released by Chargers
- 2015 ACC Baseball Championship Bracket Announced
- Report: Ogundeko charged with Financial Transaction Fraud
- Latest Heisman, National Championship Odds
- Latest ESPN Class Recruiting Rankings
- Tigers Sweep No. 8 FSU in Tallahassee
- Official TigerNet iPhone App Released