|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|Associate Editor - Sunday, August 17, 2014 9:24 AM-||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile left Saturday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a rib injury. Watkins left the field in the first quarter after taking a knee to his ribcage by rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier following an incomplete pass.
Watkins started beside fellow wide receiver Mike Williams with the first-team offense.
After the game, the Bills' head coach Doug Marrone said that Watkins has a rib contusion but said there was no timetable given for his return. "They're going to run tests and everything and we'll see how he is."
E.J. Manuel said this about Watkins' injury: "I think Sammy will be fine. ... hopefully he'll come back and bounce back from whatever little injury he had."
In three preseason games, Watkins has three receptions for 21 yards.
Despite a brief scare, #Bills WR Sammy Watkins and his ribs are fine. Nothing serious, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 17, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson's statement on possible inclement weather for Clemson-ND
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll