|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-17 09:24:53.0-||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile left Saturday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a rib injury. Watkins left the field in the first quarter after taking a knee to his ribcage by rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier following an incomplete pass.
Watkins started beside fellow wide receiver Mike Williams with the first-team offense.
After the game, the Bills' head coach Doug Marrone said that Watkins has a rib contusion but said there was no timetable given for his return. "They're going to run tests and everything and we'll see how he is."
E.J. Manuel said this about Watkins' injury: "I think Sammy will be fine. ... hopefully he'll come back and bounce back from whatever little injury he had."
In three preseason games, Watkins has three receptions for 21 yards.
Despite a brief scare, #Bills WR Sammy Watkins and his ribs are fine. Nothing serious, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 17, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- Deshaun Watson will make his MTV debut
- Report: Browns are enamored with Deshaun Watson
- Senator wants new license plate to celebrate Clemson's title
- Watson ranked #1 in ESPN's 2016 Top 50
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-Ohio State
- Boulware gets National Championship tattoo
- 14K pound National Championship rock to be donated to Swinney
- Jaguars announce Marion Hobby as DL coach