|Sammy Watkins injury update|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-17 09:24:53.0-||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile left Saturday's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a rib injury. Watkins left the field in the first quarter after taking a knee to his ribcage by rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier following an incomplete pass.
Watkins started beside fellow wide receiver Mike Williams with the first-team offense.
After the game, the Bills' head coach Doug Marrone said that Watkins has a rib contusion but said there was no timetable given for his return. "They're going to run tests and everything and we'll see how he is."
E.J. Manuel said this about Watkins' injury: "I think Sammy will be fine. ... hopefully he'll come back and bounce back from whatever little injury he had."
In three preseason games, Watkins has three receptions for 21 yards.
Despite a brief scare, #Bills WR Sammy Watkins and his ribs are fine. Nothing serious, I'm told.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 17, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State