|Sammy Watkins not trying to be Superman|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, July 21, 2014 8:08 AM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile participated in his first practice for the Buffalo Bills on Sunday evening.
Bills' fans were able to attend the open practice and cheer on Watkins and the rest of his new teammates. Watkins even stayed around to sign autographs for all that waited after media interviews.
“With our offense, we’ve got a lot of explosive guys so, for me, it’s just about coming in right away and trying to make plays,” said Watkins after his first official practice. “Don’t try and be Superman, but play my role and everything will work out.”
But if one were to hear the crowd when Watkins caught a pass, it would seem as if Superman himself had flown into Bills camp and effortlessly caught the ball. The player catching the ball was Watkins, however, and the gush from the fans was readily accepted.
EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins looks just as good as you thought it would. #BillsCamp— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) July 21, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains