|Sammy Watkins not trying to be Superman|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, July 21, 2014 8:08 AM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile participated in his first practice for the Buffalo Bills on Sunday evening.
Bills' fans were able to attend the open practice and cheer on Watkins and the rest of his new teammates. Watkins even stayed around to sign autographs for all that waited after media interviews.
“With our offense, we’ve got a lot of explosive guys so, for me, it’s just about coming in right away and trying to make plays,” said Watkins after his first official practice. “Don’t try and be Superman, but play my role and everything will work out.”
But if one were to hear the crowd when Watkins caught a pass, it would seem as if Superman himself had flown into Bills camp and effortlessly caught the ball. The player catching the ball was Watkins, however, and the gush from the fans was readily accepted.
EJ Manuel to Sammy Watkins looks just as good as you thought it would. #BillsCamp— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) July 21, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec