|Sam Cooper injury update|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-08-31 18:16:40.0-||
Dabo Swinney said during his Sunday media conference call that Clemson tight end Sam CooperSam Cooper
RS Sr. Tight End
#86 6-6, 250
View Full Profile broke his fibula in pregame warmups. He was seen during the game with a walking boot on. The good news is that it was a non-weight bearing bone and Swinney thinks that Cooper could be possibly be back in 3 weeks.
Swinney said that Cooper was a "big loss in the running game" and had to scramble right before the game.
No other injuries that Swinney said would force anyone out of action next week.
From Wikipedia on the Fibula: The fibula does not carry any significant load (weight) of the body. It extends past the lower end of the tibia and forms the outer part of the ankle providing stability to this joint. It has grooves for certain ligaments which gives them leverage and multiplies the muscle force.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State