|SI.com projects Watkins to Tampa Bay|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:42 PM||
Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile is projected (#7 overall) to the Tampa Bay Bucs in SI.com's Mock Draft 2.0. The mock draft did not have any other Clemson players going in the first round.
As a side note, South Carolina's Jadeveon Clowney was projected to the Jacksonville Jaguars with the third overall pick in the draft.
The Bucs would be thrilled with this scenario, in having the draft's best receiver fall into their laps at No. 7. Watkins is an elite talent with home-run ability, and he'd do a world of good for Tampa Bay's No. 1 receiver, Vincent Jackson, not to mention Josh McCown at quarterback. The NFC South is no picnic, but the Bucs look ready to make some noise this season. Michael Johnson, Alterraun Verner and Clinton McDonald were major defensive upgrades in free agency, and Watkins would be at the forefront of an offensive improvement that includes McCown, tackle Anthony Collins and tight end Brandon Myers.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- New poll says Swinney most popular coach in SC, but more Gamecocks fans
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach