|Roethlisberger on Bryant's practice habits|
|Assoc. Editor - Tuesday, August 19, 2014 9:01 AM-||
Former Clemson wide receiver Martavis BryantMartavis Bryant
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#1 6-5, 200
Calhoun Falls, SC
View Full Profile is battling several wide outs for a roster spot in the Steelers' deep position at receiver.
Bryant was drafted in the 4th round in the 2013 NFL Draft and is expected to contribute in his rookie campaign.
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said the following about Bryant (via ESPN.com): “He needs to get in his mind that he can help us and that he’s going to push it hard on every single play like the guys ahead of him are doing. If you watch Antonio Brown, he scores on that second play [against the Bills last Saturday] because that’s how he practices. Every day in practice when he catches a slant he’s going to score even if guys touch him down. That’s how he practices and that’s how he plays and that’s what transitions into big things like that. As a young guy [Bryant] needs to keep learning from the veteran guys, and I think he will do that because he wants to be a great receiver.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game