|Rockies' GM impressed with Kyle Parker|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, May 5, 2014 10:43 AM-||
Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd had good things to say about former Clemson OF/QB Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile and his progression through their minor league system according to an interview with Tulsa World.
"He's playing his butt off. I watched him play four games at Colorado Springs, and I liked what I saw in every game, and he's only going to get better."
In 2014 playing for triple AAA Colorado Springs, Parker is batting .300 with three home runs and 17 RBI's in 27 games. For his minor league career (369 games), Parker has 70 total home runs and 259 RBI's.
Here is his official bio from the mlb.com:
Was a Texas League Post-Season All-Star after batting .288 with 23 doubles, 23 home runs, 74 RBI and 70 runs in 123 games in his first season at the Double-A level... Finished 5th in the Texas League in home runs and 2nd on the team, only one HR behind teammate Kiel Roling...his .492 slugging percentage was the 4th-highest mark in the league... Finished the season strong, as he hit .304 (73-for-240) with 16 doubles, 2 triples, 11 home runs and 47 RBI following the All-Star break...owned a .525 SLG after the break and slugging .458 prior to the break..had 22 RBI in July and 23 RBI in September... Spent the majority of the season in left field and also saw action in right...finished the season seeing the majority of his playing time at first base, which was his first action of his professional career at the position... Played for the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League following the season...hit .278 (27-for-97) with 9 doubles 2 triples, 4 home runs and 18 RBI in 24 games for Salt River.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game