|Rockies' GM impressed with Kyle Parker|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, May 5, 2014 10:43 AM||
Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile and his progression through their minor league system according to an interview with Tulsa World.
"He's playing his butt off. I watched him play four games at Colorado Springs, and I liked what I saw in every game, and he's only going to get better."
In 2014 playing for triple AAA Colorado Springs, Parker is batting .300 with three home runs and 17 RBI's in 27 games. For his minor league career (369 games), Parker has 70 total home runs and 259 RBI's.
Here is his official bio from the mlb.com:
Was a Texas League Post-Season All-Star after batting .288 with 23 doubles, 23 home runs, 74 RBI and 70 runs in 123 games in his first season at the Double-A level... Finished 5th in the Texas League in home runs and 2nd on the team, only one HR behind teammate Kiel Roling...his .492 slugging percentage was the 4th-highest mark in the league... Finished the season strong, as he hit .304 (73-for-240) with 16 doubles, 2 triples, 11 home runs and 47 RBI following the All-Star break...owned a .525 SLG after the break and slugging .458 prior to the break..had 22 RBI in July and 23 RBI in September... Spent the majority of the season in left field and also saw action in right...finished the season seeing the majority of his playing time at first base, which was his first action of his professional career at the position... Played for the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League following the season...hit .278 (27-for-97) with 9 doubles 2 triples, 4 home runs and 18 RBI in 24 games for Salt River.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley