|Rockies' GM impressed with Kyle Parker|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-05 10:43:49.0-||
Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd had good things to say about former Clemson OF/QB Kyle ParkerKyle Parker
Outfielder (2008 - 2010)
#11 6-1, 200
View Full Profile and his progression through their minor league system according to an interview with Tulsa World.
"He's playing his butt off. I watched him play four games at Colorado Springs, and I liked what I saw in every game, and he's only going to get better."
In 2014 playing for triple AAA Colorado Springs, Parker is batting .300 with three home runs and 17 RBI's in 27 games. For his minor league career (369 games), Parker has 70 total home runs and 259 RBI's.
Here is his official bio from the mlb.com:
Was a Texas League Post-Season All-Star after batting .288 with 23 doubles, 23 home runs, 74 RBI and 70 runs in 123 games in his first season at the Double-A level... Finished 5th in the Texas League in home runs and 2nd on the team, only one HR behind teammate Kiel Roling...his .492 slugging percentage was the 4th-highest mark in the league... Finished the season strong, as he hit .304 (73-for-240) with 16 doubles, 2 triples, 11 home runs and 47 RBI following the All-Star break...owned a .525 SLG after the break and slugging .458 prior to the break..had 22 RBI in July and 23 RBI in September... Spent the majority of the season in left field and also saw action in right...finished the season seeing the majority of his playing time at first base, which was his first action of his professional career at the position... Played for the Salt River Rafters in the Arizona Fall League following the season...hit .278 (27-for-97) with 9 doubles 2 triples, 4 home runs and 18 RBI in 24 games for Salt River.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 5 rankings
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars