|Ricky Sapp impressive at Jet's camp|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:47 AM||
According to newyorkjets.com, former Clemson DE Ricky Sapp is finally healthy and showing what he can do at Jet's camp.
“I like lining up on the outside. I feel real comfortable on the outside,” he said, “and I feel like I can do my job from both upright and down in a stance.”
Ryan believes that Ricky’s secret lies in his confidence, which "allows your true athletic ability to stand out. We know he's got that.”
Although Sapp has turned some heads in training camp, the Clemson product is far from satisfied with his play or his role in the defense. Like most players, he understands that roster spots cannot be won in the in the first few weeks of camp, but they can certainly be lost.
“I think I’ve done a lot of good things. I think I still have some little things to work on, and of course I need to continue to get better,” he said. “I’m just trying to take it one day at a time. Wherever I can get in and help the team out, I’m going to do that. I’m looking to use my speed and help out the defense.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man