|Ricky Sapp helps out his Bamberg area|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:56 AM-||
According to the Times and Democrat, former Clemson stars, Ricky SappRicky Sapp
# 6-4, 240
View Full Profile and Da’Quan Bowers hosted ‘Dream Big, Live Big’ football camp on Wednesday for youth in the Bamberg area.
Both players grew up in Bamberg, SC and were fondly called the "Bamberg Bookends."
Ricky Sapp is currently a LB for the New York Jets and Bowers is a DE for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
“It’s a blessing,” Sapp said about watching the children compete. “For me to have the opportunity to come back and give back to these kids, show them competition and show them drills, it’s a blessing. I get excited every time I do this just to see these kids compete, have fun and the biggest thing is to get good exercise in.”
Through his foundation, Sapp was able to provide the camp for the youth at no charge to them. Campers were also provided with camp shirts, hats and lunch in exchange for their participation. With the camp being as successful as it was, Sapp hopes to be able to do more through his foundation to give back.
“I’ve got a lot of good ideas,” he said. “One of the next ideas I want to get into is I want to throw a big cookout and have some water slides and stuff for the kids. I want to invite the community out and just have a good time. I just want to be a blessing to somebody else. That’s what it’s all about.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Former Clemson player makes MLB debut
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more
- ESPN announces new commentators for Thursday and Friday College Football; David Pollack re-signs
- ACC and ESPN closing in on network deal