|Ricky Sapp helps out his Bamberg area|
|Assoc. Editor - Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:56 AM-||
According to the Times and Democrat, former Clemson stars, Ricky SappRicky Sapp
# 6-4, 240
View Full Profile and Da’Quan Bowers hosted ‘Dream Big, Live Big’ football camp on Wednesday for youth in the Bamberg area.
Both players grew up in Bamberg, SC and were fondly called the "Bamberg Bookends."
Ricky Sapp is currently a LB for the New York Jets and Bowers is a DE for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
“It’s a blessing,” Sapp said about watching the children compete. “For me to have the opportunity to come back and give back to these kids, show them competition and show them drills, it’s a blessing. I get excited every time I do this just to see these kids compete, have fun and the biggest thing is to get good exercise in.”
Through his foundation, Sapp was able to provide the camp for the youth at no charge to them. Campers were also provided with camp shirts, hats and lunch in exchange for their participation. With the camp being as successful as it was, Sapp hopes to be able to do more through his foundation to give back.
“I’ve got a lot of good ideas,” he said. “One of the next ideas I want to get into is I want to throw a big cookout and have some water slides and stuff for the kids. I want to invite the community out and just have a good time. I just want to be a blessing to somebody else. That’s what it’s all about.”
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson