|Ricky Sapp helps out his Bamberg area|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:56 AM||
According to the Times and Democrat, former Clemson stars, Ricky SappRicky Sapp
# 6-4, 240
View Full Profile and Da’Quan Bowers hosted ‘Dream Big, Live Big’ football camp on Wednesday for youth in the Bamberg area.
Both players grew up in Bamberg, SC and were fondly called the "Bamberg Bookends."
Ricky Sapp is currently a LB for the New York Jets and Bowers is a DE for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
“It’s a blessing,” Sapp said about watching the children compete. “For me to have the opportunity to come back and give back to these kids, show them competition and show them drills, it’s a blessing. I get excited every time I do this just to see these kids compete, have fun and the biggest thing is to get good exercise in.”
Through his foundation, Sapp was able to provide the camp for the youth at no charge to them. Campers were also provided with camp shirts, hats and lunch in exchange for their participation. With the camp being as successful as it was, Sapp hopes to be able to do more through his foundation to give back.
“I’ve got a lot of good ideas,” he said. “One of the next ideas I want to get into is I want to throw a big cookout and have some water slides and stuff for the kids. I want to invite the community out and just have a good time. I just want to be a blessing to somebody else. That’s what it’s all about.”
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"