|Report: Watkins’ deal reworked after being disallowed by NFL|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:08 AM||
Former Clemson standout Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile had signed a 4-year contract with the Buffalo Bills with a team option for the 5th-year with the club.
The NFL disapproved the current deal and it was re-submitted because of some verbage in the contract that needed to be altered according to Fox Sports 1 NFL insider Mike Garafolo.
NFL contracts are slotted so this is just some re-wording of the contract only. Hopefully, this small snafu will be fixed quickly for Watkins.
Wait, sorry, I misunderstood. Watkins' deal with Buffalo was DISAPPROVED.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) June 4, 2014
Re: Sammy Watkins' deal, it was a minor language tweak that needed to be made. Was fixed and resubmitted.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) June 4, 2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB appears headed to Ole Miss
- Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator
- Russell Athletic Bowl gifts for Clemson players
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Tajh Boyd's take on Watson playing with torn ACL
- Mel Kiper's take on Vic Beasley
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery