|Report: Saints, Cowboys in the mix for Spiller|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:18 PM-||
Former Clemson running back C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile is still available in free agency and it appears two new names have jumped into the fray as possible landing spots for the coveted running back - the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints.
The Saints have just signed running back Mark Ingram to a new four-year $16 million dollar contract but released veteran running back Pierre Thomas last week. The Saints could view Spiller in the Darren Sproles play-maker role that they have had in the past.
The Cowboys are just patiently waiting if they will be able to afford the price tag of their franchise running back DeMarco Murray or if they will have to seek other options.
Earlier in the week, it was reported the NFL teams that have shown interest with Spiller included the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins and Detroit Lions.
The all-purpose back rushed 668 times for 3,321 yards (5,550 all-purpose yards) and 12 touchdowns during his time with the Bills. During an injury-shortened 2014 season, Spiller had 78 rushes for 300 yards and also had 19 catches for 125 yards and a touchdown.
His agent is looking for a long-term contract in the five million per year or more range.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Game time announced for Clemson-FSU
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- Swinney updates injury status of Gallman and others
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-NC State
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU