|Report: Patriots have inquired about C.J. Spiller|
|Assoc. Editor - 2015-03-10 20:43:02.0-||
The NFL free agency period started today at 4 pm EST and several teams have made moves to try to help bolster their 2015 rosters.
Former Clemson standout C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile has yet to sign to a team but the New England Patriots have remained very interested in Spiller as a third-down back for their Super-Bowl winning team according to multiple reports.
The Patriots lost their third-down specialist Shane Vereen to free agency who agreed to a contract on Tuesday with the New York Giants. Other NFL teams that have shown interest with Spiller are the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Redskins and Detroit Lions.
The all-purpose back rushed 668 times for 3,321 yards (5,550 all-purpose yards) and 12 touchdowns during his time with the Bills. During an injury-shortened 2014 season, Spiller had 78 rushes for 300 yards and also had 19 catches for 125 yards and a touchdown.
His agent is looking for a long-term contract in the five million per year or more range.
The #Patriots are still searching for playmakers. They inquired about CJ Spiller in that Shane Vereen role.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2015
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!