|Report: Former Clemson DE signs $27 million deal|
|Assoc. Editor - 2017-03-08 16:09:22.0-||
Former Clemson defensive end Andre Branch is re-signing with the Miami Dolphins on a three-year contract worth $27 million according to multiple reports. A $9 million salary would rank him 12th among NFL DE's alongside Jurrell Casey via Spotrac.
Branch had a career-high 49 tackles, 5.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles last season. When Andre Branch and Cameron Wake were both in the starting lineup together, the Dolphins were 9-2 down the stretch in 2016.
In 2015, Branch had 24 tackles, four sacks, and two forced fumbles. Branch had 18 tackles, two forced fumbles, and three sacks despite missing seven games in 2014 with a groin injury.
In five NFL seasons (67 games) with the Jaguars and Dolphins, he has 140 tackles, an impressive 19.5 sacks, seven forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, and 12 pass break-ups.
He was drafted out of Clemson by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the second round (#38th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft and was signed to a four-year $5.1 million dollar contract.
The #Dolphins are signing pass-rusher Andre Branch to a 3-year contract worth $27M, source said. Cashes in after a resurgence.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 8, 2017
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home