|Report: Former Clemson DB to sign $22 million deal with Jets|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, March 13, 2015 9:47 AM-||
Former Clemson defensive back Marcus Gilchrist will sign with the New York Jets on Friday according to multiple reports. The deal is reportedly for four years and $22 million dollars with 8.5 million guaranteed.
Gilchrist visited the Jets' facilities on Tuesday and had dinner on Wednesday night with several members of the Jets' coaching staff including head coach Todd Bowles according to nj.com.
The 26-year old veteran finished the 2014 season with 76 tackles, an interception, a sack and two forced fumbles. The versatile defensive back played nickel cornerback, free safety and at strong safety for the Chargers in 2014.
He started the last two years at safety for the Chargers after playing his first two years at cornerback.
For his career (40 starts total), he has 246 tackles, five interceptions, 16 pass-breaks ups and three sacks.
Gilchrist was drafted by the Chargers in the second round (#50th overall pick) of the 2011 NFL draft.
The Jets have done a complete overhaul of their secondary during NFL free agency as they have added defensive backs - Antonio Cromartie, Darrelle Revis, Buster Skrine and now Marcus Gilchrist.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama