|Redskins select Breeland in 4th round of NFL Draft|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Saturday, May 10, 2014 12:20 PM||
CLEMSON, SC -- Former Clemson DB Bashaud BreelandBashaud Breeland
(2010 - 2013)
#17 6-0, 195
View Full Profile was selected with the second pick of the 4th round of the NFL Draft on Saturday afternoon by the Washington Redskins.
The second team All-ACC selection had 159 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, six interceptions for 142 yards in 37 games (24 starts) in his Clemson career.
NFL Draft analyst Mike Mayock said the Redskins are getting a bargain with Breeland.
"I had this kid as a late second-rounder," Mayock said. "He came out of school early, and thought if he went back to school he could have been a late first rounder."
NFL Draft analyst Dane Brugler called Breeland an eventual starter in his scouting for CBS Sports.
"He is a willing run defender, but needs to be more reliable in this area and do a better job finishing tackles," Brugler said. "Breeland needs technique work and time to develop, but his raw cover skills and size project him as an eventual starter."
Breeland is the third Clemson player selected in the NFL Draft so far, joining Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile and Brandon ThomasBrandon Thomas
Offensive Line (2009 - 2013)
#63 6-3, 305
View Full Profile.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson OL will miss spring practice with medical issue
- C.J. Spiller will not be returning to the Bills
- Clemson 2015 Pro Day Updates
- Venables: "I would have stayed for a lot less"
- Report: Spiller turned down $4.5 million from Bills
- Clemson ranked high in Athlon's Pre-Spring Top 25
- Clemson freshman jersey numbers
- Sunday's Clemson-SC baseball game postponed
- Swinney on Deshaun Watson's rehab
- ESPN ranks Watson #2 intriguing ACC figure