|Red-shirt for Steward "still on the table"|
|Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:16 PM-||
Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables said after practice on Tuesday that a red-shirt for Tony StewardTony Steward
#7 6-1, 235
View Full Profile is "still on the table." Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
Venables also said corner Martin Jenkins is likely to red-shirt. Jenkins has been slow to recover from groin and hip flexor injuries this preseason. Jenkins would still have two years of eligibility after a potential red-shirt year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier admits that he pulls for Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Cowherd says Watson should refuse to play for Browns
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- Clemson Depth Chart released for Auburn