|Red-shirt for Steward "still on the table"|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:16 PM||
Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables said after practice on Tuesday that a red-shirt for Tony StewardTony Steward
#7 6-1, 235
View Full Profile is "still on the table." Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
Venables also said corner Martin Jenkins is likely to red-shirt. Jenkins has been slow to recover from groin and hip flexor injuries this preseason. Jenkins would still have two years of eligibility after a potential red-shirt year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"