|Red-shirt for Steward "still on the table"|
|Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:16 PM-||
Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables said after practice on Tuesday that a red-shirt for Tony StewardTony Steward
#7 6-1, 235
View Full Profile is "still on the table." Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
Venables also said corner Martin Jenkins is likely to red-shirt. Jenkins has been slow to recover from groin and hip flexor injuries this preseason. Jenkins would still have two years of eligibility after a potential red-shirt year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the 'Running Man Challenge'
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Kearse: "I'm going to make the other 31 teams pay"
- Alexander tweets picture of his new jersey number
- Watson ranked #1 overall 2017 NFL Draft prospect
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Kearse selected #244 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft