|Red-shirt for Steward "still on the table"|
|by TigerNet Staff - Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:16 PM||
Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables said after practice on Tuesday that a red-shirt for Tony StewardTony Steward
#7 6-1, 235
View Full Profile is "still on the table." Steward is currently the third team WILL linebacker and is trying to come back from ACL surgeries in back to back years. The Tigers have two seniors in front of Steward - Tig Willard and Corico Wright. In high school, Steward was rated as the No. 1 outside linebacker in the nation and won the high school version of the Dick Butkus Award in 2010 as the best linebacker in the nation.
Venables also said corner Martin Jenkins is likely to red-shirt. Jenkins has been slow to recover from groin and hip flexor injuries this preseason. Jenkins would still have two years of eligibility after a potential red-shirt year.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DT to step away from Football for a period of time
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney makes more redshirt decisions
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- Conan O'Brien jokingly mistakes Daniel Rodriguez for the UPS Man
- Mac Lain says Wilkins is "just amazing"