|Quick notes from Saturday's scrimmage|
|by TigerNet Staff - Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:32 PM||
* Dabo Swinney said the defense did an excellent job on goalline situations and short yardage. But being thin in the secondary hurt the defense in other areas.
* Freshman DB Mackensie Alexander remained out with injury but Dabo Swinney hopes to have him back soon. Three other DBs also missed the scrimmage - Martin Jenkins, Darius Robinson, and Garry Peters.
* Freshman DB Adrian Baker sustained an injury to his left ankle after the first series.
* Swinney said team looked a little tired which is expected after 6 days in a row of physical contact.
* Swinney said Germone Hopper has been really good or really bad. In the scrimmage he fumbled twice. Once he was going in for a touchdown and fumbled the ball out the back of the end zone.
* Swinney said he had ACC refs for the scrimmage and did not have a lot of penalties which was surprising for a first scrimmage.
* Wide receiver Sammy Watkins said Chad Morris has eliminated plays with him running up the middle.
* Watkins had two touchdown (35 yd, 69 yd) from the 2 position which is the position he played last year and not Nuk Hopkins' old boundary position.
* According to Brent Venables, freshman LB Ben Boulware will contribute this season, but Venables he is not sure how much.
* Venables called freshman DE Shaq Lawson a disruptive force on the defense.
* Swinney said walk-on RB C.J. Davidson has had a great camp. Swinney said he been as good as any of the RBs in camp.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Player Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|