|Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-30 10:07:17.0-||
ESPN has used Football Outsiders' Brian Fremeau predictions for its Clemson season preview.
Fremeau's projections are from using "innovative statistics, intelligent analysis" on his website.
It appears that their statistical model is not that excited about Clemson's 2014 football team.
Projected finish: 8-4 (6-2)
Chance to make playoff: 2 percent
Chance to win ACC: 7 percent
Toughest games: Aug. 30 at Georgia (30 percent chance of winning), Sept. 20 at Florida State (14 percent), Nov. 29 vs. South Carolina (38 percent)
Here is how the website comes up with their projections: "The post-spring FEI projections are a function of five-year program ratings, returning starters, recruiting success and quarterback reliance -- statistical indicators of teams that may take a step forward or a step back next season -- all of which figure prominently into the projection model."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny