|Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, May 30, 2014 10:07 AM-||
ESPN has used Football Outsiders' Brian Fremeau predictions for its Clemson season preview.
Fremeau's projections are from using "innovative statistics, intelligent analysis" on his website.
It appears that their statistical model is not that excited about Clemson's 2014 football team.
Projected finish: 8-4 (6-2)
Chance to make playoff: 2 percent
Chance to win ACC: 7 percent
Toughest games: Aug. 30 at Georgia (30 percent chance of winning), Sept. 20 at Florida State (14 percent), Nov. 29 vs. South Carolina (38 percent)
Here is how the website comes up with their projections: "The post-spring FEI projections are a function of five-year program ratings, returning starters, recruiting success and quarterback reliance -- statistical indicators of teams that may take a step forward or a step back next season -- all of which figure prominently into the projection model."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me