|Projections on winning against Georgia, FSU, SCar|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-05-30 10:07:17.0-||
ESPN has used Football Outsiders' Brian Fremeau predictions for its Clemson season preview.
Fremeau's projections are from using "innovative statistics, intelligent analysis" on his website.
It appears that their statistical model is not that excited about Clemson's 2014 football team.
Projected finish: 8-4 (6-2)
Chance to make playoff: 2 percent
Chance to win ACC: 7 percent
Toughest games: Aug. 30 at Georgia (30 percent chance of winning), Sept. 20 at Florida State (14 percent), Nov. 29 vs. South Carolina (38 percent)
Here is how the website comes up with their projections: "The post-spring FEI projections are a function of five-year program ratings, returning starters, recruiting success and quarterback reliance -- statistical indicators of teams that may take a step forward or a step back next season -- all of which figure prominently into the projection model."
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!