|Photo: Clemson Prototype Shoulder Pads|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 4, 2014 11:08 AM||
The official Clemson Equipment twitter account posted a picture Friday morning of some cool prototype shoulder pads that the Clemson football team might be using in the future.
The shoulder pad technology is very new, and there appears to be little information on the Internet about it. Over the last 15 years, football shoulder pads have become lighter by as much as 50 percent.
Instagram description: New age in shoulder pad tech. Think outside the box. #prototype #CLEMSON #stateoftheart (Pic courtesy: Clemson Equipment twitter)
Football shoulder pads have come a long way since the 1930's. (Image from Sports Memorabilia Museum)
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"