|Photo: Clemson Prototype Shoulder Pads|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 4, 2014 11:08 AM||
The official Clemson Equipment twitter account posted a picture Friday morning of some cool prototype shoulder pads that the Clemson football team might be using in the future.
The shoulder pad technology is very new, and there appears to be little information on the Internet about it. Over the last 15 years, football shoulder pads have become lighter by as much as 50 percent.
Instagram description: New age in shoulder pad tech. Think outside the box. #prototype #CLEMSON #stateoftheart (Pic courtesy: Clemson Equipment twitter)
Football shoulder pads have come a long way since the 1930's. (Image from Sports Memorabilia Museum)
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney speaks to Guillermo, hopes center can rejoin the team
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- WATCH: Williams with one-handed catch at Spring Game
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- WATCH: Clemson Spring Game Highlights
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley