|Photo: Clemson Prototype Shoulder Pads|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, April 4, 2014 11:08 AM||
The official Clemson Equipment twitter account posted a picture Friday morning of some cool prototype shoulder pads that the Clemson football team might be using in the future.
The shoulder pad technology is very new, and there appears to be little information on the Internet about it. Over the last 15 years, football shoulder pads have become lighter by as much as 50 percent.
Instagram description: New age in shoulder pad tech. Think outside the box. #prototype #CLEMSON #stateoftheart (Pic courtesy: Clemson Equipment twitter)
Football shoulder pads have come a long way since the 1930's. (Image from Sports Memorabilia Museum)
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin