|Phil Steele's Projected Preseason AP Top 25|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:04 PM||
Clemson is ranked #16 to start the 2014 football season according to Phil Steele's projected preseason AP Top 25 rankings.
16. Clemson Tigers
The Tigers are coming off back-to-back 11-win seasons, highlighted by their No. 8 finish last year after the Orange Bowl win over Ohio State. They do suffer massive losses at the skill positions (quarterback Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
Quarterback (2009 - 2013)
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile and wide receiver Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Wide Receiver (2011 - 2013)
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile), but they are not short on young talent. The defense could carry the offense early, as it returns seven starters, including All-American defensive end Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile, who headlines one of the best defensive lines in the country. The schedule sees them traveling to Georgia and Florida State in September, but they should be favored in the rest of their games prior to the season finale against in-state rival South Carolina, who has beaten them five straight times.
Video description: Projected Preseason AP Top 25 ESPN Insider Phil Steele joins Toni Collins to discuss his take on what he thinks the AP Preseason Top 25 will look like for the 2014 college football season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- Swinney: "I've already made a decision on Lakip"
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- Swinney discusses his relationship with Tommy Bowden
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Dabo on the added emphasis vs. South Carolina
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney "shakes it off" during ACC rapid fire questions
- Clemson ranked in Top 20 of ESPN's Preseason FPI