|Pete Yanity releases statement|
|by David Hood - Senior Writer - Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:02 PM||
It was announced Wednesday that WSPA sports director Pete Yanity would no longer be the play-by-play announcer for Clemson football and basketball. Yanity just released this statement:
"Clemson University is a wonderful place with so many wonderful people," Yanity said in a statement released by his agent. " What a great resource for our beautiful upstate and the state of South Carolina. The university’s reach is so impressive and extends across this country and beyond its borders. Clemson alumni and its fan base is as proud as you’ll find anywhere and that’s reflected daily in so many places.
As noted in an earlier release from Clemson athletics, a decision was made by the athletic director to move in a different direction.
What a wonderful run it’s been. I had the pleasure of starting with the network in 2001 and then did my very best to at least hold the torch raised by the late, great Jim Phillips.
Any individual is only as good as the support system he has around him. From the many great people I worked with in Clemson athletics, to the great staff with rights-holder Learfield Sports, I am so grateful for the opportunity I had.
On each broadcast, I worked with a close-knit group of individuals and over the years we became brothers.
In the past decade-and-a-half, I also gained another family. The Clemson family. And I am so much the better for it."
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Report: Former Clemson WR accepts job at App State
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- Clemson player selected by New York Red Bulls
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec