|Opponent: Georgia star WR suffers knee injury|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, August 1, 2014 8:33 AM-||
Georgia junior wide receiver and pre-season All-SEC pick Malcolm Mitchell suffered a knee injury during practice this week. Mitchell had a arthroscopic procedure on his right knee on Thursday to address the cartilage injury.
He will miss the start of Georgia's preseason practice on Friday. Georgia confirmed the surgery and said there is no timetable for his return "at this point."
This is the same knee that he injured at Clemson in 2013 celebrating on a Todd Gurley touchdown. For his career, he has 85 catches for 1,237 yards and 8 touchdowns.
Update 3:30 PM: Also, WR Justin Scott-Wesley will likely miss opener due to ACL recovery according to multiple reports. Richt on Scott-Wesley: "I'm not sure when he's going to really be able to play a game of football for us."
UGA confirms that Malcolm Mitchell injured his knee earlier this week and had it scoped Thursday. No timetable for return.— Seth Emerson (@SethEmerson) August 1, 2014
UGA: WR Malcolm Mitchell underwent an arthroscopic procedure to address cartilage injury on right knee this week. No timetable for return.— Marc Weiszer (@marcweiszer) August 1, 2014
ICYMI: Video of how Malcolm Mitchell injured his knee in Death Valley in 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video
- Vegas Odds on Clemson-Louisville
- Louisville is now road favorites over Clemson
- Spurrier leaves funny voicemail for Dabo Swinney
- Swinney rules out two players for Louisville game
- WATCH: Clemson-Louisville hype video "One will Reign"
- Photo: Clemson uniforms for Clemson-Louisville
- WATCH: Trump and Clinton discuss Clemson-Louisville
- Brianna Rollins will run down the Hill on Saturday
- Herbstreit on Clemson: "We love coming here"