|Opponent: Georgia star WR suffers knee injury|
|Associate Editor - Friday, August 1, 2014 8:33 AM-||
Georgia junior wide receiver and pre-season All-SEC pick Malcolm Mitchell suffered a knee injury during practice this week. Mitchell had a arthroscopic procedure on his right knee on Thursday to address the cartilage injury.
He will miss the start of Georgia's preseason practice on Friday. Georgia confirmed the surgery and said there is no timetable for his return "at this point."
This is the same knee that he injured at Clemson in 2013 celebrating on a Todd Gurley touchdown. For his career, he has 85 catches for 1,237 yards and 8 touchdowns.
Update 3:30 PM: Also, WR Justin Scott-Wesley will likely miss opener due to ACL recovery according to multiple reports. Richt on Scott-Wesley: "I'm not sure when he's going to really be able to play a game of football for us."
UGA confirms that Malcolm Mitchell injured his knee earlier this week and had it scoped Thursday. No timetable for return.— Seth Emerson (@SethEmerson) August 1, 2014
UGA: WR Malcolm Mitchell underwent an arthroscopic procedure to address cartilage injury on right knee this week. No timetable for return.— Marc Weiszer (@marcweiszer) August 1, 2014
ICYMI: Video of how Malcolm Mitchell injured his knee in Death Valley in 2013.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Photo: ND coach's reaction to Clemson running down the hill
- WATCH: Swinney and team dancing in the locker room after ND win
- Friday AM Weather Update for Clemson-ND
- Clemson-ND game time and parking update
- Clemson jumps up in latest Coaches Poll
- Swinney wishes Notre Dame and their "lugubrious" crowd safe travels
- ESPN's Herbstreit impressed with Clemson after ND win
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney post-game speech cut off by ABC
- Clemson rises in latest AP Poll