|Norton Named to Rimington Award Watch List|
|Monday, May 19, 2014 3:22 PM-||
Clemson, S.C.— Clemson junior center Ryan NortonRyan Norton
RS Jr. Offensive Line
#58 6-3, 270
View Full Profile has been named to the preseason Rimington Award Watch List for 2014. The Rimington Award is named in honor of former Nebraska Center Dave Rimington and is overseen by the Boomer Esiason Foundation, which is committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis.
Norton is one of seven ACC centers on the list released on Monday. He is joined by Andy Gallik of Boston College, Artie Rowell of Pittsburgh, Austin Barron of Florida State, Jake Smith of Louisville, Matt Skura of Duke and Shane McDermott of Miami (FL).
A native of Simpsonville, S.C. and a graduate of Mauldin High School, Norton was Clemson’s starting center in all 13 games last year and played 841 snaps and had 28 knockdown blocks for the season. He was named ACC Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week last year for his performance against fifth-ranked Georgia when he helped the Tigers to a 38-35 win.
Norton was a big reason Clemson ranked eighth in the nation in scoring with 40.2 points per game, and 10th in total offense with an average of 508 yards per game. Clemson finished last season ranked seventh in the final US Today Poll with an 11-2 record.
Clemson has had two players listed as finalists for the award, which is in its 14th year. Kyle Young was one of five finalists in 2000 and 2001, while Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
Center (2008 - 2012)
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile was one of six finalists in 2011 and 2012.
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits