|Norton Named to Rimington Award Watch List|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, May 19, 2014 3:22 PM||
Clemson, S.C.— Clemson junior center Ryan NortonRyan Norton
RS Jr. Offensive Line
#58 6-3, 270
View Full Profile has been named to the preseason Rimington Award Watch List for 2014. The Rimington Award is named in honor of former Nebraska Center Dave Rimington and is overseen by the Boomer Esiason Foundation, which is committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis.
Norton is one of seven ACC centers on the list released on Monday. He is joined by Andy Gallik of Boston College, Artie Rowell of Pittsburgh, Austin Barron of Florida State, Jake Smith of Louisville, Matt Skura of Duke and Shane McDermott of Miami (FL).
A native of Simpsonville, S.C. and a graduate of Mauldin High School, Norton was Clemson’s starting center in all 13 games last year and played 841 snaps and had 28 knockdown blocks for the season. He was named ACC Co-Offensive Lineman of the Week last year for his performance against fifth-ranked Georgia when he helped the Tigers to a 38-35 win.
Norton was a big reason Clemson ranked eighth in the nation in scoring with 40.2 points per game, and 10th in total offense with an average of 508 yards per game. Clemson finished last season ranked seventh in the final US Today Poll with an 11-2 record.
Clemson has had two players listed as finalists for the award, which is in its 14th year. Kyle Young was one of five finalists in 2000 and 2001, while Dalton FreemanDalton Freeman
Center (2008 - 2012)
#55 6-5, 265
View Full Profile was one of six finalists in 2011 and 2012.
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2015 Hype Video
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- TV Network Affiliates for Wofford at Clemson
- Tony Steward suffers knee injury against Steelers