|New security procedures at Memorial Stadium|
|Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:04 AM-||
CLEMSON — The Clemson University Police Department has added coolers, briefcases, luggage, computer bags and camera bags to the list of items not allowed inside Memorial Stadium on football game days.
The policy, which was adopted after the 9/11 attacks, already prohibited backpacks, tote bags, brown paper bags and other large carryall-type bags.
Items allowed but subject to search are purses, diaper bags, medically necessary items, binocular cases and seat cushions.
Fans will be directed to screening areas at gates 1, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16 and 20 where items will be searched by event staff. For the most efficient, effective and quickest entry into the stadium, officials recommend that fans should arrive at the stadium at least an hour before kickoff.
Large chair backs also are restricted. Chair backs with arms, large pockets or those larger than 17 inches wide will not be allowed into the stadium. Prohibited items will not be claim-checked at the gates; fans will be asked to return them to their vehicles.
Event staff can check umbrellas and strollers at the gates.
Clemson continues to allow pass-outs this season, which means fans can leave and be readmitted to Memorial Stadium at designated entrances. However, those fans will have to go through the same level of security screening as they did upon originally entering the stadium.
State and local bomb-detection dogs and technicians will be on hand to check the stadium and cars parked near it, and only cars bearing IPTAY placards will be allowed access to roads in the vicinity of the stadium.
Adults attending the game should have an official form of photo identification with them, and children should remain with an adult at all times during the game.
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Former Clemson LB signs with Patriots
- Clemson and Ga. Tech game one suspended
- WATCH: Lawson gets a call from Shaquille O'Neal
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks