|NFL.com analyst talks Vic Beasley|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, June 1, 2014 10:43 AM||
Vic BeasleyVic Beasley
RS Sr. Defensive End
#3 6-3, 225
View Full Profile as one of his top pass rushers for 2014.
Explosive first-step quickness is one of the traits scouts covet in edge rushers. Thus, Beasley's lightning quick "get-off" has piqued the interest of scouts looking for a dominant defender off the edge. The Clemson standout racked up 13 sacks, 23 tackles for loss and six PBUs, while exhibiting exceptional athleticism and burst off the edge. Additionally, he impressed evaluators with his ability to rush from a three-point stance or stand-up position off the edge. As a result, defensive coaches favoring a 3-4 scheme will rank him near the top of the charts as a potential hybrid rusher at the next level. If Beasley can make significant strides as a run defender, he is capable of making a big rise up the charts this fall.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec