|NFL scout compares Watson's football IQ to a young Peyton Manning|
|Assoc. Editor - 2017-03-09 10:21:44.0-||
Back-to-back Heisman finalist Deshaun Watson had a stellar career in his three years at Clemson including leading the team to their first National Championship since 1981. By all accounts and physical measurables, Watson had an impressive showing at the 2017 NFL Scouting Combine last week.
One NFL Scout was in awe of Watson's intelligence and football IQ during the interview portion of the event according to NFL writer Mike Freeman.
"Maybe the best interview I've ever had with a guy," the anonymous NFL scout said. "Quick learner. Probably knows as much about football as any other prospect I've been around, and that includes guys like Peyton Manning. He was that impressive."
In 2016, Watson completed 388 passes out of 579 attempts for 4593 yards and 41 passing touchdowns with 17 interceptions (and his degree) for an adjusted QBR of 84.9.
Watson was able to pick the brain of future Hall-of-Famer Drew Brees on Wednesday.
"Appreciate Drew Bree for linking up and talking ball with me today," Watson tweeted. "Huge fan, 1 of the best around!"
Appreciate Drew Bree for linking up and talking ball with me today! Huge fan, 1 of the best around! ?? pic.twitter.com/G4pf8cLGby— Deshaun Watson (@DeshaunWatson4) March 9, 2017
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season