|NFL Coach predicts Lawrence will be #1 pick in 2019 Draft|
|Assoc. Editor - 2017-03-07 11:31:13.0-||
Clemson sophomore defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence is one of the most massive (6-foot-5, 340-pound) yet agile players in college football. He is a rare breed of defensive player that will be in high demand when he moves onto the professional level in a few years.
"Mark it down now. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 draft is gonna be (#Clemson DT) Dexter Lawrence," an NFL coach told CFB insider Bruce Feldman recently.
As a freshman in 2016 starting 11 games, Lawrence led the Clemson defensive line with 78 tackles and had seven sacks, tied for the most by a Clemson freshman. He was named freshman All-American from ESPN and USA Today while also being honored as the ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year this past season.
In the latest National Championship game against Alabama, he finished the game with four tackles. He helped the Clemson's defensive unit allow just 17 points and 307.9 yards per game.
Had an NFL coach tell me last night: "Mark it down now. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 draft is gonna be (#Clemson DT) Dexter Lawrence."— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) March 4, 2017
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- WATCH: Deshaun Watson throwing for Jon Gruden's QB Camp