|NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-04-24 09:17:09.0-||
News Herald sports editor Paul Schenkel has picked next season's ACC basketball order of finish and has Clemson dead last in the ACC conference.
The newspaper serves Burke County, NC and has in-state program North Carolina to win the ACC. Schenkel wrote this gem about Clemson basketball below.
Losing KJ McDaniels may precipitate Brad Brownell’s departure at Clemson. He did wonders with the Tigers last year, but McDaniels cured a lot of ills that the rest of a paltry roster created.
It appears he has little respect for the marked improvement and admirable coaching job that the Tigers did this past season.
Last year, Schenkel also picked Clemson dead last and the Tigers finished a very respectable 6th place in the conference.
I personally think that Clemson will miss McDaniels' leadership, energy, and shot-blocking but I am not ready to condemn them to the ACC cellar. I'd probably put Boston College and their new coach on the cellar VIP list but rosters can fluctuate a lot from now until the start of the season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Swinney calls Colin Cowherd a fraud
- Photo: Hilarious Church sign after National Championship win
- WATCH: Swinney "Only God could do this"
- Photo: Hunter Renfrow on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- Coca-Cola to release commemorative Clemson Championship can
- WATCH: Alabama returns home to a massive crowd of 12 fans
- WATCH: Alabama fan goes berzerk after final play
- Colin Cowherd responds to Swinney calling him a fraud
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer