|NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:17 AM||
News Herald sports editor Paul Schenkel has picked next season's ACC basketball order of finish and has Clemson dead last in the ACC conference.
The newspaper serves Burke County, NC and has in-state program North Carolina to win the ACC. Schenkel wrote this gem about Clemson basketball below.
Losing KJ McDaniels may precipitate Brad Brownell’s departure at Clemson. He did wonders with the Tigers last year, but McDaniels cured a lot of ills that the rest of a paltry roster created.
It appears he has little respect for the marked improvement and admirable coaching job that the Tigers did this past season.
Last year, Schenkel also picked Clemson dead last and the Tigers finished a very respectable 6th place in the conference.
I personally think that Clemson will miss McDaniels' leadership, energy, and shot-blocking but I am not ready to condemn them to the ACC cellar. I'd probably put Boston College and their new coach on the cellar VIP list but rosters can fluctuate a lot from now until the start of the season.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement