|NC columnist picks Clemson last in ACC Hoops|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-04-24 09:17:09.0-||
News Herald sports editor Paul Schenkel has picked next season's ACC basketball order of finish and has Clemson dead last in the ACC conference.
The newspaper serves Burke County, NC and has in-state program North Carolina to win the ACC. Schenkel wrote this gem about Clemson basketball below.
Losing KJ McDaniels may precipitate Brad Brownell’s departure at Clemson. He did wonders with the Tigers last year, but McDaniels cured a lot of ills that the rest of a paltry roster created.
It appears he has little respect for the marked improvement and admirable coaching job that the Tigers did this past season.
Last year, Schenkel also picked Clemson dead last and the Tigers finished a very respectable 6th place in the conference.
I personally think that Clemson will miss McDaniels' leadership, energy, and shot-blocking but I am not ready to condemn them to the ACC cellar. I'd probably put Boston College and their new coach on the cellar VIP list but rosters can fluctuate a lot from now until the start of the season.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- C.J. Spiller signs with AFC team
- Hopkins gives advice to Deshaun Watson
- Watson wins inaugural Hall of Fame award
- Swinney: "We might have been America’s team for 24 hours"
- WATCH: Watson jokes that Cowboys need to trade Dak and Romo
- Young Clemson fan writes letter to Brad Brownell