|Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia|
|by David Hood - Senior Writer - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:19 PM||
Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile, and mentioned that in a perfect world, former quarterback Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS Fr. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile would have been at Clemson and Watson could have red-shirted. Morris then said that Watson would have played regardless if Kelly had been here or not.
"Deshaun Watson wasn’t going to red-shirt anyway," Morris said at Dabo Swinney's media outing. "He wasn’t going to red-shirt. He was that good and he was going to play whether Chad Kelly was here or not. That was the consensus from the get-go and that was the consensus after watching him the first couple of practices in the spring. We knew that he was going to be special. He is going to play this year and he is going to play at Georgia. Now, what is his role and how much will he play that is all to be determined through the progress. Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile is our starter and he deserves it. and we are excited about Cole."
Watson suffered a slight crack in a collarbone near the end of a spring scrimmage in April and was sidelined for three weeks and also missed Clemson's Spring Game.
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson
- PHOTO: Construction on West EndZone and Oculus