|Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia|
|by David Hood - Senior Writer - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:19 PM||
Deshaun WatsonDeshaun Watson
#4 6-3, 190
View Full Profile, and mentioned that in a perfect world, former quarterback Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS Fr. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile would have been at Clemson and Watson could have red-shirted. Morris then said that Watson would have played regardless if Kelly had been here or not.
"Deshaun Watson wasn’t going to red-shirt anyway," Morris said at Dabo Swinney's media outing. "He wasn’t going to red-shirt. He was that good and he was going to play whether Chad Kelly was here or not. That was the consensus from the get-go and that was the consensus after watching him the first couple of practices in the spring. We knew that he was going to be special. He is going to play this year and he is going to play at Georgia. Now, what is his role and how much will he play that is all to be determined through the progress. Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile is our starter and he deserves it. and we are excited about Cole."
Watson suffered a slight crack in a collarbone near the end of a spring scrimmage in April and was sidelined for three weeks and also missed Clemson's Spring Game.
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||
- Tajh Boyd scheduled to workout for a NFL team
- Swinney ranked 4th most powerful CFB coach
- Former Clemson Two-Sport Star passes away
- WATCH: Watkins accidentally messes up TD celebration
- WATCH: Twas the Night before Christmas featuring Clemson football team
- Chandler Catanzaro wins huge NFL honor
- Venables named 2014 Defensive Coordinator of the Year
- WATCH: Sammy Watkins with a 42-yard TD
- Death Valley ranked #11th best stadium experience
- Dabo Swinney's “All In” is not just a slogan