|Meeks could push for starting spot|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, June 30, 2014 12:35 PM-||
Former Clemson defensive back Jonathan MeeksJonathan Meeks
Safety (2009 - 2012)
#5 6-1, 210
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile is in a three-way battle for the strong safety position for the Buffalo Bills roster. The three players contending for the spot - Da’Norris Searcy, Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks.
All of the guys that we’ve got are great players,” Meeks said of the defensive backfield. “But I will be there in run support, a playmaker on pass plays, and a physical guy. In this position battle I’m just trying to show the coaches what I can do.”
Meeks missed eight weeks in 2013 with the Buffalo Bills with a sprained right ankle and played mostly special teams. He was a fifth-round pick for the Bills back in 2012.
For his Clemson career, he had 157 tackles, two tackles for loss, seven interceptions for 192 yards, four quarterback pressures, 13 pass breakups, and two recovered fumbles in 1,889 snaps over 50 games (24 starts) in his career. He is fifth in school history in interception return yards and fifth in takeaway return yards (195).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- No. 3 Clemson tops No. 24 South Carolina
- Swinney discusses the 'nap room' with Jim Rome
- Bryant responds to Stephen A Smith: Don't judge me