|Meeks could push for starting spot|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, June 30, 2014 12:35 PM||
Former Clemson defensive back Jonathan MeeksJonathan Meeks
Safety (2009 - 2012)
#5 6-1, 210
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile is in a three-way battle for the strong safety position for the Buffalo Bills roster. The three players contending for the spot - Da’Norris Searcy, Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks.
All of the guys that we’ve got are great players,” Meeks said of the defensive backfield. “But I will be there in run support, a playmaker on pass plays, and a physical guy. In this position battle I’m just trying to show the coaches what I can do.”
Meeks missed eight weeks in 2013 with the Buffalo Bills with a sprained right ankle and played mostly special teams. He was a fifth-round pick for the Bills back in 2012.
For his Clemson career, he had 157 tackles, two tackles for loss, seven interceptions for 192 yards, four quarterback pressures, 13 pass breakups, and two recovered fumbles in 1,889 snaps over 50 games (24 starts) in his career. He is fifth in school history in interception return yards and fifth in takeaway return yards (195).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 of ESPN's Future Power Rankings
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- WATCH: National TV Commercial for Clemson
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- David Wilkins discusses Confederate flag issue