|Meeks could push for starting spot|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, June 30, 2014 12:35 PM||
Jonathan MeeksJonathan Meeks
Safety (2009 - 2012)
#5 6-1, 210
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile is in a three-way battle for the strong safety position for the Buffalo Bills roster. The three players contending for the spot - Da’Norris Searcy, Duke Williams and Jonathan Meeks.
All of the guys that we’ve got are great players,” Meeks said of the defensive backfield. “But I will be there in run support, a playmaker on pass plays, and a physical guy. In this position battle I’m just trying to show the coaches what I can do.”
Meeks missed eight weeks in 2013 with the Buffalo Bills with a sprained right ankle and played mostly special teams. He was a fifth-round pick for the Bills back in 2012.
For his Clemson career, he had 157 tackles, two tackles for loss, seven interceptions for 192 yards, four quarterback pressures, 13 pass breakups, and two recovered fumbles in 1,889 snaps over 50 games (24 starts) in his career. He is fifth in school history in interception return yards and fifth in takeaway return yards (195).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Thank you Letter to Clemson Family from Robert Smith
- ESPN ranks Clemson with toughest ACC nonconference schedule
- Booker fires back at former teammate
- Former Clemson RB named high school AD
- Spiller switches jersey number with Saints
- Former Clemson assistant coach hired by SE Missouri St.
- WATCH: Swinney does cadence count at Lee Brice Concert
- Former Clemson SG hired by 49ers staff
- Report: Clemson adds Akron to future schedule
- WATCH: ESPN Sports Science with Vic Beasley