|Meeks named Jim Thorpe DB of the week|
|Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:46 AM-||
Clemson safety Jonathan MeeksJonathan Meeks
#5 6-1, 210
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile was selected the Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week on Thursday after recording two key interceptions in a 38-17 win against Virginia Tech.
With Clemson leading 10-7 in the second quarter, Meeks intercepted a pass and returned it 74 yards for a touchdown to give the Tigers momentum and a 17-7 lead. The 74-yard return was the longest interception return for a score by a Clemson player since 2006.
Meeks also added four tackles, a pass breakup and had another interception earlier in the second quarter. Meeks jumped to fifth in Clemson history in total interception return yards with 192.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts