|Meeks named Jim Thorpe DB of the week|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:46 AM||
Clemson safety Jonathan MeeksJonathan Meeks
#5 6-1, 210
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile was selected the Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week on Thursday after recording two key interceptions in a 38-17 win against Virginia Tech.
With Clemson leading 10-7 in the second quarter, Meeks intercepted a pass and returned it 74 yards for a touchdown to give the Tigers momentum and a 17-7 lead. The 74-yard return was the longest interception return for a score by a Clemson player since 2006.
Meeks also added four tackles, a pass breakup and had another interception earlier in the second quarter. Meeks jumped to fifth in Clemson history in total interception return yards with 192.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Photo: Howard's Rock pedestal vandalized
- WATCH: Beasley vs Clowney in 40-yard Dash
- Concept Helmet Designs for Clemson
- Surveillance images show vandalism to Howard’s Rock case
- Deshaun Watson injury update
- Photo: Howard's Rock removed from grounds
- Beasley runs fastest 40 time in DL Group
- Swinney opposes new downfield rule proposal
- Vic Beasley impressive on the Bench Press
- Report: Clemson hires new defensive analysis coach