|Meeks named Jim Thorpe DB of the week|
|by TigerNet Staff - Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:46 AM||
Clemson safety Jonathan MeeksJonathan Meeks
#5 6-1, 210
Rock Hill, SC
View Full Profile was selected the Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week on Thursday after recording two key interceptions in a 38-17 win against Virginia Tech.
With Clemson leading 10-7 in the second quarter, Meeks intercepted a pass and returned it 74 yards for a touchdown to give the Tigers momentum and a 17-7 lead. The 74-yard return was the longest interception return for a score by a Clemson player since 2006.
Meeks also added four tackles, a pass breakup and had another interception earlier in the second quarter. Meeks jumped to fifth in Clemson history in total interception return yards with 192.
Read the full article here
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB lands head coaching job at PVAMU
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Mel Kiper's take on Vic Beasley
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery
- WATCH: Thompson gets 1-handed sack on Manziel; flashes $$$ sign
- Zac Brooks injury update
- Swinney announces permanent team captains